House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Henry Waxman said he won’t compromise on his proposed 20 percent reduction in greenhouse gases over the next decade in the face of criticism from lawmakers who say the economy could suffer.The economy not only could but WILL suffer needlessly. Needlessly because the Carbon Cap is designed to reduce the amount of Carbon Dioxide (CO2) released into the atmosphere. Man-Made CO2 is released principally by burning fossil fuels like natural gas, oil and coal.
There are severe financial consequences to this action, and will not have any significant effect on Greenhouse Gases. Lack of significant effect because CO2 accounts for ONLY 4% of the Greenhouse Gas emissions, and ONLY 2% of the CO2 is Man-Made!!! The other 2% comes from natural events, such as Volcanoes. The BIGGEST Greenhouse Gas is Water Vapor (H2O). So until Mr. Waxman figures out how to control EVAPORATION, we suffer Financial Ruin through Extremely costly additions (in the form of CO2 scrubbers) to any facility using fossil fuels.
Industry will be severely financially impacted and costs passed on to me and you for everything we make in the US. Where possible, this will ship thousands of jobs overseas due to cost. But also effected, are Electrical Generation, Schools, Hospitals, Hotels and Motels, Municipal Buildings and any other large building which burns fossil fuels. This retro-fitting or Carbon Cap purchases will cost Billions, maybe Trillions of dollars.
Critics of the bill, including House Minority Leader John Boehner, an Ohio Republican, say the climate-change bill will dramatically raise energy costs, effectively levying a tax on consumers and industries.Logic therefore says the cost will be passed on to us, while all jobs which can be sent overseas will be!!! Think of 3, 4, 5 hundred or more monthly heating bills for most of us. And the same kind of monthly bills for Electricity if this becomes law.
So who gains from this folly? China, Russia, India etc who don't have such restrictive financial burdens. Al Gore will benefit as he will make Billions of Dollars through the various Carbon Cap Trading Companies which he has founded and/or of which he owns stock. Nancy Pelosi and her husband also owns many shares of T. Boone Pickins alternative energy company.
And who looses from this folly? America, you and me through outsourcing more jobs and drastically higher cost for goods and services because of an idea based on a false premise and hype.
To add salt to this financial wound, and despite what Al Gore claims, it is not settled. There is significant and growing evidence that:
- CO2 is not the cause of Global Warming. (the CO2 levels have been increasing, but Global Warming has remains relatively stable for the last 8 years.
- When the UN held its conference in Poland this past year, 52 Climate Experts supported the idea of Man-Made Global Warming, but over 600 Climate Experts claimed that there is little evidence to Support Man-Made Global Warming.
- all the computer models showed as CO2 rises, so does Global Warming, but reality and actual measurement has not followed this model
- Al Gore refuses to debate anyone on this Global Warming issue
- Al Gore's film "An Inconvenient Truth" has made claims which have been proved false, but Al refuses to correct the record.